Sunday, December 20, 2009

When my world is shaking, heaven stands.



Life is so temporary. The trials, and the hardships, and the pain. Just a bleep on the radar screen. This song has been my anthem the last few days. I feel like my heart has written these words a million times over. I just need to have faith that He will indeed "set all things right" in His time. I know that he will, but I lose sight of that so often. Of course, now the task is figuring out what the right thing is in the meantime. But I'm just going to trust that He's going to answer me in time.

God has provided us some good friends in recent days. I feel like they are the 40 year old Matt and Sarah. :-) They have similar family issues, and have the same kind of views Matt and I do, except older and more experienced. It might help that one of them is a phycologist! They encourage Matt and I so much! They've validated us, they've given us great advice, they've just been there for us through all of this craziness. I had kind of a yucky day, and when they found out, they insisted that I come over and hang out and talk to them. Of course, they made me feel so much better. It was exactly what I needed. So no, God hasn't taken away the dysfunction, but he has provided help for us. He always does. The problem is we don't credit Him with it when we should.

No comments: