Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mission accomplished!





Our Christmas was beautiful! Matt and I left the afternoon of Christmas eve, and headed to chilly Truckee, CA for some rest, relaxation, and reflection. We needed to get away so badly, and God seriously paved the way! Every single detail worked out flawlessly! We rented a nice condo that overlooked downtown Truckee. Their downtown area is so classy. The streets are lined with trees, adorned with christmas lights, and real icicles. Of course, when we walked the downtown strip on Christmas Eve night, I forgot my camera. Bummer. The picture above was taken from our bedroom balcony early Christmas morning!

Of course, the weather was slightly frigid.



This was the temp in the sun. It was actually only about 4 degrees. We realized exactly how cold it was when Matt pulled out a gallon of water we put in the car, and it was frozen solid!

Christmas morning, Matt and I got up, opened presents, and then went back to bed, sleeping until the early afternoon. I can't explain what a contrast this is from a "normal" Christmas day for us. There was no pressure, no worrying about other peoples drama, no running around like mad. It was wonderful.

Us enjoying the snowy weather!

Scout enjoyed it too! He officially loves the snow!

I couldn't comprehend the idea of Christmas without a Christmas tree, so I purchased a small artificial one before our trip. We also brought our stockings. The fireplace was beautiful, even more so adorned with our Christmas things!



I guess someone told Santa I was bad this year,
because this is what I found in my stocking!

We had such a great time! We're already planning a trip for Christmas 2010! Destination Christmases are my new favorite thing!

No comments: