Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Water, treadmills, salad and all things "healthy"




Dieting is SO overrated! I don't see beauty in starving at all. I'm not starving, but goodness gracious am I hungry for pancakes...lol! I'm not even really a junk food eater(don't like chips, or sweets and rarely drink soda), but it seems like every time I really really try, that you could cover a brick in sugar and I'd go for it. This coming from a girl without much of a sweet tooth! Ugh!


I was writing on my blog "Treading Lightly", hoping that I could find a group of people that would go through the health/weight loss journey with me, but I had little response. I avoid telling family or friends about my efforts because I typically get a slew of bad advice, sabotages (just have ONE cookie), and thin people (that aren't very health conscious) about what I need to do. I already know what I need to do! My biggest frustration is that I'm a very slow loser, so I usually give up before I can see results. Mix that in with chronic low blood sugar, and hashimotos, a husband that could eat a brick of sugar, and a tub of butter for every meal, and never gain weight, and I feel like it's such an uphill battle.


Last night, I went to bed around 1:30am because I wanted to wait until I was so tired that I couldn't not fall asleep once I got into bed. I wrote down some healthy goals while I was awake, and I felt good about them. I won't share them publicly. I'm open, but I like my privacy (it sounds like a contraction, but it's not, I swear!). If you would like to know my goals, feel free to ask, I don't mind sharing, I just don't want random people trying to keep me accountable!


So until tomorrow, I'll be here munching on salad, drinking a ton of water, hitting the gym, and tracking my calories on http://www.calorie-count.com/


Joy!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hey... I know what you mean. Don't you love it when you have people telling you what YOU need to do? Obviously we Know what we need to do... as for me I tend to just Not do it! I give up easily... or stress out too much. When I stress... I eat. Recently I started to "clean something" instead of eat. It works for me. Dieting does not. Dieting stresses me out. Counting Points, calories, fat grams... whatever it may be, just doesn't appeal to me. Now when I get stressed out and clean I feel better because something in the house is clean and I didn't gain another 5 lbs. Everyone is different. Why do people think that whatever works for them will work for everyone on the planet? Anyway... thanks for the inspiration!!