Thursday, May 1, 2008

Miley, Men, and some much needed TLC...

Ok, I'm going to defend Miley Cyrus. Yeah, those pictures were (for obvious reasons) not the greatest idea. However, I know many 15 year old girls that I wish were covered up with a blanket after seeing what they're wearing. I think it's crazy that she’s being torn apart. Really crazy. Reminds me of a recent South park episode I saw... The media must kill her...

So I've been talking to a friend about how men now days seem to act more like women, and how it's making it harder for her to find a good man. This trend is something that I've seen since my early dating days. Biblically, men are to be leaders, protectors. "Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13)

I understand how frustrating that can be. I didn't (officially) date anyone before Matt, but it was slim pickings anyway. Most of the guys I even considered dating were not the most manly, not good leaders, not gentlemen at all. They expected me, or other girl friends make all of the decisions and plans... never took the initiative. It forces us women to act like men. This isn’t the way it’s supposed to be.

Not to say men have it easy either. Lots of women are acting like men. Everything now is about independent women. Not that being independent is wrong, but it needs to be so in a humble way. You can "have your own house, have your own car" and still allow a man to treat you like a women. Not allowing men to treat you the way they should, just makes men scared of trying, probably in fear of rejection. Sigh...

Anyway, I've been enjoying a relaxing week. A much needed week. I've been sickly lately and just not getting better. Once I started to rest, I felt better. My husband has been really gracious about it. He's a good man. Really! I need to feel better! I have Jasmine all weekend and we're going shopping for her 8th grade promotion dress (I can't believe she's going to be in high school!!) then we're planning a week long Disney trip, then our trip to London in the fall... crazy!! So All of this stupid heath stuff needs to GO!! :-)

Well, I made a crock-pot full of pasta sauce and I must start freezing it. Have a lovely day!!

No comments: