Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shrinking...


I love that my shape is comparable to a fruit...

Good news to report on the diet front, 7lbs down! Woo! It's SOOO hard for me to lose, so some people might think it's a small milestone, but for me it's awesome! I keep my dieting a secret from family, because they tend to bombard me with advice, and watch what I eat, which makes me crazy. But some of them have noticed a change in my weight, which makes me happy, because I can't see it. However I do feel it in the way my clothes fit.



What have I been doing differently? I've actually been eating MORE. Yeah, not necessarily more food, but definitely more often. I think it really keeps my metabolism going throughout the day. For breakfast, I usually have oatmeal, and fruit, or a bowl of some high-fiber cereal. Then some cottage cheese with either mandarin oranges, or peaches as a snack. For lunch I'll have soup (Thai Kitchen-Spring onion is the best) and usually some fruit or something. Then dinner is whatever I end up making for Matt- Taco salad (meatless, of course), Rice bowls, vegetables and dumplings, Boca-burgers and the like. I always always always eat something before I go to bed too, even though they say not to. Otherwise I wake up starving in the morning (which leads me to eat more). So I'll eat something like a scrambled egg, or a small bowl of cereal. Tracking my calorie intake on http://www.calorie-count.com/ helps me so much!!!




I actually haven't been exercising very much at all, other then taking long walks with the dog. I was doing really well, but I am still struggling with not getting enough sleep, so I have no energy. The sleep issue is my biggest heath related issue, so I really need to get it figured out, though I must say I'm getting a ton more sleep then I was a year ago!. I'm still going crazy on the amount of sleep I am getting. Blah! Otherwise though, everything is good. I'm happy that I'm gaining ground--and losing weight!

No comments: