Tuesday, February 24, 2009

lent...

Every year I give up something for Lent. Sure, I'm not Catholic, but I think that the season of Lent can be a major learning, and growing experience. Last year I gave up texting. The year before that I gave up Starbucks. This year I think I'm going to give up laziness. Yeah, it's kind of a tough one. I just think of all of the times I could be up doing something... anything! However, I end up choosing to watch TV, or to be on the computer. I'm not saying those things are bad in and of themselves, I mean 95% of my job is on the computer, and I'm not too much of a TV watcher, I just notice that I easily fall into a pattern of eating chips on the couch before taking a walk.

I'm not exactly sure how to keep myself accountable, but I guess just making the decision will make me think more about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. So here's to the next 40 days!! May it be...well... productive!

No comments: