Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's breakin' my heart...





I'm sad for my husband today. All of this crazy family drama has taken it's toll on his spirit. He's been moping around for a few days now. I can't say I blame him. It's stressful, and sad, to say the least. He wants so badly for things to get better, but it's not up to him, and there's really not a whole lot he, or any of us can do about it. I think that's where the frustration lies. I'm glad that he was able to take a day off yesterday, but sadly the day off wasn't for fun, but to be a referee between his parents. In the end, everything turned out OK, but he's always waiting for the other shoe to drop.


Matt has such a sensitive spirit. Not in a way that's easily offended, or overly sappy, but in a way that he just cares deeply about people. It's the reason I fell in love with him. When he can't make a situation better, it drives him crazy. He's like a lion and a lamb (minus religious tone). He's the sweetest guy you'll meet, but don't find yourself on his bad side, because he is protective of the things he loves! So the idea of having the choose sides between the people he loves is torturous for him. It's pure torture for me to see him so unhappy, laying in bed with his mind running around, and drilling it into my head that we will never let ourselves get that unhappy.


We're going on a much needed vacation for a couple of days soon, and I'm hoping that it rejuvenates his spirit, and that we'll spend the trip thinking about our own relationship. Until then, I guess we'll just keep taking it a day at a time. Prying that things just get better.

No comments: