Saturday, November 28, 2009

Better...

I feel better today. I just have to remind myself daily that some people aren't worth my time, or energy. I can't say I'm not angry, because I am. Sadly, some people are just selfish, and it doesn't matter how much you give if all they're willing to do is take, and then twist what you give into something it's not. I know who I am, and what my intentions are, and I'm not going to let one sadly mistaken person bring me down again. I do things I do out of love. Not because I'm trying to prove something, not because I'm trying to compete, not because I'm trying to be prideful. I like to serve people. It brings me joy to be able to do something for someone else. It's sad that someone can use that against you. It's especially sad that it could come from another Christian. I'll never understand how this person can say mean, hurtful things to my face and not expect me to internalize them, yet he can take my actions that have nothing at all to do with him, and internalize them. But whatever, I can't understand what doesn't make any sense.

I think Christmas is going to be nice. We're going to spend all of it with my family, which we've haven't done in a long time. It will be nice to avoid the Christmas runaround, and just stay in one place for the whole day. Plus, there is no drama at my aunt and uncles, in fact, it's totally nice to be there. People are considerate of one another, and are happy to be together. I'm really looking forward to it!

We put up the tree last night. It's beautiful! Putting the tree up is one of my favorite Christmas things to do. We went out to get the tree, and it was pouring rain! That didn't stop us! We were determined. We got it home, drank hot cocoa (complete with mini marshmallows) while decorating, and then watched Elf. It was everything I wanted! I'm thankful that things went well, and that despite everything that has been happening, we were able to have a good time.




1 comment:

Christine said...

My husband and I watched Elf when we put up our tree as well! I love putting up the tree.