Monday, January 18, 2010

Throwbacks.


Yesterday, Matt got an email on Facebook. We happened to be chatting while he logged on, and noticed he had a new message. His reaction was pretty priceless. This e-mail was from a girl in Matt's past. She wasn't a girlfriend, but wanted to be. She was actually quite awful to him, using Christian manipulation to try to get him to date her. Right before Matt and I got married, this girl, who had been very much out of the picture, suddenly reappeared in a series of phone calls, and an unannounced visit. Needless to say, it made things a little bit stressful. Matt was *VERY* clear with this girl that he had no interest in any sort of relationship, or friendship with her. She didn't go down without a fight, but eventually it was over. We really thought that was the last we would hear from her.

It's in these times that I'm reminded of the fact that spiritual warfare does exist. I have resolved that I don't want any crazy drama in 2010, which has meant getting rid of the unhealthy relationships in my life, and trading them for relationships with life. I like to call it "cleaning the house". It's only been 18 days, and it already feels so good. The first part of this has been the "cleaning" part. You wouldn't want to invite your "clean" friends to a "dirty" house, right? lol! So even though I've been laying low friendship wise, it's just because this whole thing is such a process for me. It just figures that just as I'm getting good at slowly "deleting" the dramatic from my life, that Matt would get this email. I may or may not have looked at the sky and said "Really?". Oh, and in case you're wondering, Matt has zero intention of writing this girl back. Why open THAT door, right?

On a positive note, at least that is out of the way. If it had to happen, I'm glad it happened now. Hopefully no more "surprises" for awhile!

No comments: