Sunday, January 10, 2010

Party time, excellent!

It has been party crazy the last couple of days! I spent Friday night hanging out with six 11 year old girls at Rachel Thompson's birthday slumber party. While I played the role of co-chaperone, I still managed to have fun. The highlight of the night being when Rachel's mom, Laura, and neighbor, Debbie, arranged for Debbie's son to come and scare the girls. Imagine the horrific screams of pre-teen girls as they see a wolf costume-clad person standing outside of the sliding glass door. It was pretty awesome! Oh the things we forget to record for Youtube... ;-) Sleep was scarce that night, and I woke up feeling quite exhausted!

After I returned home for Rachel's party, I realized I needed to recover from my almost sleepless night in time for Jenny's surprise birthday party. You may remember my "Hardy Party" blog about Jenny's party a couple of weeks ago. Well, Jenny had wanted a surprise party, but didn't think she was getting one, so she ended up planning her own. Everyone had to go along with it so she wouldn't realize that a party had already been planned. She had shared with me that she was sad about throwing herself a party, and I was DYING inside trying not to "make her feel better" by spilling the beans. So her birthday (and party) came and went and she had no idea what was coming! Fast forward to last night-- boy was she shocked! I missed the big moment because I *had* to take a nap before I could make the drive to Rancho Cordovia, so Matt and I came after the surprise moment. The story goes that she just stood there with her mouth wide open, totally shocked! Success! She deserved it! Her sister, Teresa, and friend, Lisa, did a great job! DJ Rcio of Jace Brannon Entertainment did a fantastic job with the music and Rico's wife, Acxa, and friend and co-worker of Jenny was a great dance coach! :-) We partied Hardy style until the wee hours of the morning, then drove home through thick valley fog. Needless to say, good sleep was had by all!

So I think I'm party-pooped!!

No comments: