Thursday, January 15, 2009

Treading lightly...

I started a blog last July in hopes that people that struggle with their weight could join and we could support each other. Sadly, it never caught on, and so I stopped blogging on it. Well, I decided that I'm going to start blogging there again in hopes that it could form an (online) community of of support for people either struggling on their journey to health, who just started their weight-loss journey, or pretty much anyone else that wants to improve their overall health through diet and exercise. It doesn't matter what plan you're doing, all that matters is a willingness to fight the battle together!

I've always struggled with weight. As a child I wasn't super overweight, but I wasn't skinny either. Of course, through the years it crept up on me. Now I'm really looking to turn it around, and lose a decent amount of weight. I am about 11 pounds lighter then I was at this time last year, but I still have quite a bit to go. I know that without a support system, I will fail. It's the same reason why people who attend their Weight Watchers meetings regularly are more successful. We need to know we're not alone. We need to know that when we do fail, we have others to help us get back on the bandwagon and keep on keepin' on.

So will you consider it and join me? No pressure. But if you're struggling with weight-loss, at least think about it! Life is too short to live it being unhappy about you're weight! Today is the day to do something about it!
:-)

So here is the link to my health blog

www.learningtotreadlightly.blogspot.com


Hope to see you there!!

No comments: