Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My "Fortunate" Valentine


I'm a crafty girl.

This Valentine's day I decided to use my Craftiness for good, and not evil.
I decided I wanted an Asian-inspired project.

Initially, I was just going to make Paper Fortune Cookies with custom fortunes (seen above)
Last year I made chocolate covered Fortune Cookies for Matt and I, and thought it would be cute to fill chinese take-out boxes with them.

I don't do complicated crafts or baking.
All I did was melt chocolate, dip the cookies, and cover in sprinkles.
I did a cookie sheet full, and then put them in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
Easy-peesy!

I bought some small wooden hearts from Jo-Ann's fabric, and a bottle of red paint. It cost about $2 for 24 hearts. I painted them all in about 5 minutes. They weren't perfectly painted, but I was in a bit of a time crunch.

I glued the hearts, and a pink, or red ribbon ribbon to each take-out box.
No need to buy expensive boxes from the craft store (often $1 each!)
I got 50 at Smart & Final for $4.99

Each box had a small handful of valentines colored M&M's and
two chocolate-covered cookies.

I then glued a paper Fortune Cookie to the top of each box.


My friends and co-workers loved them!
Success!

I stayed home from work not feeling well today.
I may have to eat some of the broken cookies dipped in left-over chocolate.
Yum!





No comments: