Friday, April 17, 2009

Pillow-blog




It's 1Pm and I'm cozy in my bed. I know, it sounds SUPER lazy, but I've needed this day for months. I'm doing some work, Im-ing some friends, and watching daytime TV, all in my Pj's, dog sleeping at my feet, with cookies and milk... ha ha! I NEVER get days like this! Plus, Our Lap-top was fixed yesterday in perfect time for my "PJ day"! I say it was Divine intervention. I have something to do later, so I won't be here all day...
Yesterday was a tough day. Many of you know that we've had some major family situations as of recent, and yesterday was a day of change for sure. It was a tough day, but it was necessary. However, I think that everyone is going to be in recovery mode for quite some time. Mine started last night. One of my favorite things to do with my husband is lay in bed and watch the Jay Leno Monologue together. Sure, it sounds lame, but because things have been so tough lately, it's nice to end the day on a comedic note. To be honest, the last few nights I've slept like a baby. Praise God!
Family is so important. I think the fact that Matt and I have always had so much family stress has made family that much more important to us. We strive to create good family relations between us, and even though it's just us, we're ok with that. I just notice that many people talk about starting their family, and they mean having a baby. Matt and I wanted to "start a family" when we said our vows, aside from children. I'm so thankful for a husband that sees that importance, stands up for what our standards are, and sees the importance of being a united front, being a family. Even when things around us are uncertain, and crumbling, I always know that we're a team. Oh how God provided me security in him!

Seeing relationships crumble around us has been hard. In fact, we have very few healthy relationships around us. While Matt and I totally struggle at times (who knew communication could be so tough??), for the most part, we feel like seeing those relationships, some of which have crumbled over tiny things that were never dealt with that turned into huge issues, is motivation to consistently work on ourselves, on our relationship, and to seek God's will in our marriage.

Today I'm just thankful for my husband, for my marriage, for what a great leader my husband is. I've seen the alternative, and I'm just so so very thankful. I often wonder with everything that has happened in my life, why God chose to pull me out of the family I had, and provide me with countless opportunities to live my life the right way and serve Him. I don't know why, but I'm so glad I am no longer what I was!


1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

I'm glad you two have an oasis in each other, but most importantly, in the Lord. Keep the faith, girl- you're fighting well!! Miss you...