Monday, April 22, 2013

The Trifecta Effect-a.

I'm exhausted. Everything going on my my life has decided to compile into one long week. Friday my Mother-in-law had surgery. She is fine, thankfully, but the recovery period is rough, and taking care of someone recovering from surgery is hard. I haven't slept well in four days, and I'm realizing how much that affects my mental sharpness and my ability to deal with normal stressors. Matt was able to take a couple of days off to help, and has been amazing though he is tired too. Yesterday I forgot my ATM pin number while trying to pay for groceries, tried to pay for my coffee twice, looked frantically for my cell phone while I was talking on it, and put away a plate in the fridge. I really need some sleep, but I seriously don't have time.

Our house is suppose to close this week. This transaction has be riffed with complications, and has been incredibly stressful. Our (awesome) realtor told me that in the 15 years she has been an agent she has never had so many issues that were not buyer related. Our life is packed in boxes and in storage. I'm so ready to be done. SO ready. We're not even in our house and a family member is trying to control what we do and how we do it-- even offering to pay for things to have them his way, then bursting out in anger when we say no, and trying to control it behind our backs. SO fun.

I'm scheduled to take the GRE test on Friday, and while I'm excited to get it done, I'm also fully aware that I won't be able to devote myself to studying this week. Between everything we having going on-- plus a slice of family drama on top and I just don't know if I can do it. I wish it didn't make me so upset, but sometimes it's hard to not be upset when you're responsible for so much while others don't take any responsibility at all. This is how it always seems to work. Many hands make the work light, but few make it heavy, and things are feeling heavy right now. Must figure our how to catch a break. Hopefully soon.

No comments: