Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reaching out...

A few weeks ago, I heard good news about some people we used to be close to. We haven't spoken to them in awhile. To be honest, things were a bit tense the last time we did see each-other, though I'm not quite sure why. I wanted to congratulate them on their "good news", so I sent a little email. No response. I wasn't really waiting for a response, more that I just happened to remember that I sent an email, and then happened to notice they never wrote back. That's when the feelings of rejection started to creep up.

Sarah today is a much different girl then Sarah 5 years ago. I'm much more secure in myself. I'm not really afraid to share my opinion, or disagree if I think something is wrong. Not in an "in your face" sort of way, but I don't just nod and smile anymore. I'd love to be able to say that my insecurities about being rejected are gone. Obviously this situation proves that I still have those insecure feelings inkling somewhere inside.

As for the relationship, not sure where to go from here. It's always really sad when good relationships go bad, especially when you can't quite put your finger on why. I am, however, genuinely happy for them.

No comments: