Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home, it's where your story begins...

It's true. Home is where your story begins. Lets face it, apartment dwelling can suck sometimes. I'm so tried of staring at blank, white walls. I want color and warmth. I want a yard for our new puppy to run around in, I want a place that we can make our own. That's why Matt and I are so serious about buying a house! We're looking. Hopefully we will have one by the summer...yay!!

Speaking of our new puppy. We love him! We named him "Scout" and he has snuggled his way into our hearts. He sleeps in our bed and I often wake up to him snuggling up to me in the middle of the night. He really is the sweetest thing ever. No, he's not a baby substitution what-so-ever. I've wanted a puppy for so long and he really fell into our laps and we.could.not.say.no! Plus he gives us an awesome excuse to get outside. We took him to the lake yesterday and he spent a good half-hour just rolling around in the mud. Before us, he was found by a man that lived in a van and he was tied up all day. How different his life is now! Everyone should adopt an animal if they're able to. He's a joy!

It's been over two months since any meat has met my lips. I feel good. Lets face it, what people are doing to animals is deplorable. They are being abused. They are being injected with hormones and antibiotics that are passed down to us. For so long I just tried not to think about it. I don't want to make anyone feel guilty about eating meat, but I do think that people should educate themselves about ANYTHING that they put in their bodies. For me, vegetarianism hasn't been a huge lifestyle change. I didn't eat much meat anyway, but I could see how it could be a major change for someone. Thinking more organically is important too. If all you're eating are veggies smothered with poison, you're not doing yourself any favors.

Anyway, No one reads this blog, but if you happen to catch it, let me know you were here :-)

~Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this blog..hehe!! Glad to hear that Scout has a Mommy & Daddy that love him so much and that he's not tied up anymore.