Sunday, September 22, 2013

A Big Bang of a Birthday!




31.

Wow!

I never thought I would have lived as many years as Baskin Robbins has flavors. Here I am on the cusp of my 31st year of life. I'm happy, I'm blessed, and no matter what craziness is around me, I feel truly thankful for everything I have. I've always talked about how much provision God has had over my life. It's true! I can look back and see sudden changes in the course of my life that shouldn't have happened. They can only be explained by God. That truly amazes me.

I can honestly say, I'm not where I thought I would be at 31. I thought I would be a stay-at-home mom with 2.5 kids and a mini van. When I was 25 I thought that would make me happy. That was my dream life. In 6 short years everything changed. My hopes and dreams changed, and while a family is still part of the plan, becoming a Veterinarian is also part of that plan. It's an exciting time in my life. I'm even working with two recent UC Davis DVM grads that have been giving me lots of pointers for when I start applying! I'm so so happy! I'm also happy to say that I've only had two (!) panic attacks in the last month! Whew! Seriously amazing!

So tomorrow morning Matt and I head to LA for a couple of days to celebrate. Matt amazingly scored us tickets to see a taping of The Big Bang Theory taping of my Birthday, and made brunch plans at Storyteller's Café with some friends that are already in Disneyland. Yay for 31st birthdays! Hoping for another 31+ years!

No comments: